Being a poet is about telling the truth. Give your honest presence, destroy the lie of everyday, strip the soul of each spectator with your verse and prose. You are welcome to leave what is left at the door; only your flesh, bone and verb are desired. This event is held at Residencia, and access information will be sent after ticket purchase. If you do not receive access instructions, please check your spam folder before emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
7:50 - doors open, attendees undress as they arrive
8:15 - doors closed, introductions/brief preamble
8:30 - open mic poetry and magic, led by Maybel
10:00 - open mic ends, socializing until event ends
10:45 - event ends, attendees depart by 11
- Tickets are only sold online before the event. You can buy tickets here:
- DOORS CLOSE at 8:15. Latecomers will not be allowed entry to this event.
- Just Naked advertises on many different platforms. The RSVP's you see here do not reflect actual attendance.
- After buying a ticket, check your email for entry instructions. If you do not see the email, please contact email@example.com for entry instructions to this event.
- Please consider RSVP'ing to this event on Meetup. This helps us a lot with attendance and only takes a few clicks starting here: http://www.meetup.com/justnaked
I’m an immigrant, transdisciplinary artist, community maker, teacher, and creator’s counselor, dancer, healer and ritual maker. Basing my work in body intelligence; I combine arts, relationships and human awareness practices, ancestral and systemic focus, and the mystic to gestate experiences that outline our impact as the creators of our own lives, and put awareness on the dynamics that bind us to each others and to greatest intelligence. Im at the service of linking people in an intimate way, sharing practices that catalyze us toward unicity―the quality of being one of a kind. Evil and cruelty grow in ignorance and the sense of scarcity; that is why the pillars of my life are attention, compassion, and comprehension. I’m designing a community project, which brings together culture-makers, artists, healers, and visionaries. The home of it is Residencia in Brooklyn, (www.residencia.studio), and next, CAMP in Oaxaca, Mexico, (camp.is), that will be open in 2020 to host retreats and community experiments.
In our ongoing effort to increase attendance among under-represented populations, Just Naked is now offering scholarships for those experiencing a financial hardship. Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/shwfatnNwCmcQdhH2
tags:nude, naked, nudism, nudist, clothes-free, naturist, naturism, body positive, poetry, art, writing