Being a poet is about telling the truth. Give your honest presence, destroy the lie of everyday, strip the soul of each spectator with your verse and prose. You are welcome to leave what is left at the door; only your flesh, bone and verb are desired. Original and unoriginal poems are welcome. We will have poetry books for you to read from if you do not know what to present. Presenting is entirely optional. We will have some snacks, and you're welcome to bring something edible to share if you are inspired to. Access information will be sent after ticket purchase. If you do not receive access instructions, please check your spam folder before emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
7:50 - doors open, attendees undress as they arrive
8:15 - doors closed, introductions/brief preamble
8:30 - open mic poetry and magic, led by Maybel
10:00 - open mic ends, socializing until event ends
10:45 - event ends, attendees depart by 11
- Tickets are only sold online before the event. You can buy tickets here:
- DOORS CLOSE at 8:15. Latecomers will not be allowed entry to this event.
- Just Naked advertises on many different platforms. The RSVP's you see here do not reflect actual attendance.
- After buying a ticket, check your email for entry instructions. If you do not see the email, please contact email@example.com for entry instructions to this event.
- Please consider RSVP'ing to this event on Meetup. This helps us a lot with attendance and only takes a few clicks starting here: http://www.meetup.com/justnaked
This event is usually hosted by Maybel Ovalles, but she is away for the April date. Just Naked founders Lea and Adam will host the event for April 19th.
About Lea: Léa is an hand-embroidery artist. She founded Just Naked after spending a summer at a nudist camp with her husband Adam. Before realizing her love of clothes-free living, she designed and hand-embroidered garments under the nom de plume Lele Vomi. She still loves embroidery as a craft, but is expanding her artistic capacities to include photography and watercolor. She enjoys working with artists to create content for Just Naked, crafting an aesthetic which reflect the gentle freedom of platonic nudity.
About Adam: Adam started Just Naked with the idea that city-dwellers might be open to experiencing nudity within the confines of their rat-infested metropoles. While he believes convening with nature is still the best way to do it, he understands that some people just can’t be convinced to subject their flesh to destructive UV rays and mosquitoes. He studied jazz music before moving to NYC to model in 2013. Teaching yoga and doing massage led him to understand how profoundly disconnected many people were from their bodies. He started teaching naked yoga in 2016, and considers Just Naked as an expansion of that endeavor. His goal is to offer folks an opportunity to shed their insecurities, piece by piece, as they do their clothes at Just Naked events.
Just Naked’s Principles - PVC
Participation: We ask that you are fully engaged at our events. Yes, getting naked is an experience in and of itself, but please arrive with curiosity and the energy to participate in the theme of the event. Another facet of participation is arriving with a clear mind. While responsible BYOB is sometimes allowed, visible intoxication is not.
Vulnerability: This Principle arose from the need to clarify the subjectivity of being naked. A woman going topless publicly, however legal it might be, is likely to arouse a negative response from most crowds. For this reason, we accept that a woman’s edge of vulnerability might mean keeping their bottoms on at our events. For men, we invite you to discover your edge of vulnerability in other ways. Perhaps you cross your arms during conversation? Uncross your arms to feel what that’s like. Maybe you’re afraid of looking stupid when you dance? Attend our Movement and Connection event to explore that fear and move beyond it. If you do not identify with the male or female archetypes, or are transitioning gender, please do whatever suits your needs. Our Builders are knowledgeable about these experiences and eager to help you.
Cohesion: For Just Naked, Cohesion means connecting with others in the spirit of openness and respect. When we do this collectively, we create social unity. In this unity, we are most effective at normalizing naked within the local and global communities. Respect means treating others how they would like to be treated. This may be difficult to intuit, so we ask that you familiarize yourself with our full FAQ.
What about erections? Photos? Cruising? Learn more here: http://www.justnaked.com/faq
- Private Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/justnaked
- Get the newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/b6139727cd64/justnaked-sms-email
- Receive SMS updates on all Just Naked happenings: text NAKEDLY to 84882
- You can now easily sync our Calendars:
- In our ongoing effort to increase attendance among under-represented populations, Just Naked is now offering scholarships for those experiencing a financial hardship. Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/shwfatnNwCmcQdhH2